Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour
In the United States today, there is a grocery or convenience store in every neighborhood, and GVH Distribution is a key element in what keeps these stores stocked for their customers. GVH Distribution is the fastest growing packaging and supply company in the United States. We have office locations nationwide.
We are looking to hire a part-time Administrative Accounting Assistant in Lubbock, Texas!
The Part -Time Accounting Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the daily and monthly accounting functions.
This is a part time position that offers up to 20 hours a week. Our office operates Monday-Friday and we are willing to work with school schedules. The pay for this position will be $10-13/hr.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working alongside a team of highly motivated individuals to aid in the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, payroll, and other general accounting duties
- Aiding the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Representatives in completing the payables function as needed
- Research and resolve past dues, unapplied credits, short/over pays and make collection calls to aid the Accounting Team in reaching current goals
- GL coding, data entry, scanning and filing done accurately and in a timely manner
- Providing support to the Accounting Team by maintaining accounts within terms, accurate reconciliations, and accuracy in entries
- Learning company software and equipment
- Proficiency in in Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel), spreadsheet development
- Possess a detail oriented mindset, follow-up and follow through, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Aid in the progression by adding value and improving efficiencies of the Accounting Team and company in general
Qualifications and Skills
18 years of age or older
Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Previous accounting, office and administrative experience preferred. Our Part Time Accounting Assistant must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance.
Two to three years of general business experience, Accounting experience preferred
Must be able to learn and use software and equipment, perform all job functions safely and work scheduled times
General knowledge of data entry and accounting practices
Skills in Microsoft Office
Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
Keywords: Accounting, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Reconciliation, Payroll, Excel, Spreadsheets