Salary: $15.00 /hour
In the United States today, there is a grocery or convenience store in every neighborhood, and GVH Distribution is a key element in what keeps these stores stocked for their customers. GVH Distribution is the fastest growing packaging and supply company in the United States. We have office locations nationwide.
We are looking to hire a part-time Human Resources Assistant in Lubbock, Texas!
The Part-Time Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
This is a part time position that offers up to 20 hours a week. Our office operates Monday-Friday and we are willing to work with school schedules. The pay for this position is $15/hr.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing customer service functions by interacting with and supplying information and answering questions to employees, team leaders, managers, and job applicants
- Providing assistance in hiring process activities such as posting jobs, screening applications, conducting employment reference checks, submitting the online investigation requests and assisting with new employee background checks
- Helping to maintain employee files and the HR filing system
- Assisting with reconciling employee time clocks on a weekly basis
- Assisting with the monthly newsletters with information and updates within GVH Family of Companies
- General office duties: Makes photocopies, faxes documents, answering phones, and performs other clerical functions
- Special projects as assigned by HR Manager
Qualifications and Skills
18 years of age or older
Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Working towards a bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
Two to three years of general business experience, Human Resources experience preferred
Must be able to learn and use software and equipment, perform all job functions safely and work scheduled times
General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
Skills in database management and record keeping
Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
Desired Skill: Human Resources, Filing, Customer Service, Office, Projects