Salary: $75,000.00 /year
Janitorial and sanitation supplies are among the top utilized products for businesses all over the United States today. Corley Paper & Packaging and Blaine Industrial Supply, GVH Family of Companies’ janitorial and sanitation supply divisions, services a wide range of customers throughout West Texas and Eastern New Mexico with our product line that consists of over 1,500 quality products and excellent customer service.
We are looking to hire a General Manager for our Midland, TX and Hobbs, NM branches! This position’s compensation will be $75,000/year plus potential bonus incentives. This is a Monday through Friday position, and qualified candidates must live in either market and be willing to travel weekly to cover both branches’ responsibilities. If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a highly specialized team you belong at GVH Family of Companies!
The General Manager is essential to our business operations and will be responsible for numerous aspects of day-to-day office functionality. This includes:
- Overall management of the two branches in all facets of the company, including but not limited to Sales, Operations, HR, and Financial objectives.
- Evaluating employees and daily practices of each branch, setting goals for each employee, and targeting and implementing branch sales growth and budget goals.
- Assigns, delegates and supervises the work of their branch location and team(s) to ensures that daily operational guidelines are followed.
- Create and implement plans for increasing sales, and efficiency in daily operational needs; then prepare and present plan proposals.
- Initiate and support quality management activities and performance management measures to provide the highest quality products and services to any and all external customers while promoting sales of GVH products to new and existing customers.
- Lead branches and its efforts to grow and expand business relationships by networking with applicable industries involved
- Analyze and comprehend complex business and managerial problems then develop, recommend and implement effective solutions.
- Maintenance of product/program knowledge for any/all customer needs.
- Maintenance of continued financial growth of their branch, by the use of daily monitoring financial information; including budgets, sales, expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash flow and current cash positions.
- Manage/monitor their locations weekly labor schedules, while holding their GVH team accountable, on an individual and collective unit basis.
- Prepare and present weekly senior management reports/updates that cover all major facets of their branch, while providing weekly and monthly updates to their branch team(s).
- Accomplish account objectives set forth by Senior Leadership while achieving set sales quotas.
- Read and comprehend budgets and financial statements for their branch location.
- Direct sales and marketing for their locations, while providing assistance in the design, development and application of aggressive marketing/sales strategies.
- Nurture employee morale while fostering a harmonious, productive, team environment.
- Handle and resolve external and internal customer complaints.
- Supervise and train employees on procedures and use of operational branch equipment.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned by supervisors.
Ideal Candidate Competencies:
- Results Orientation: demonstrates the ability to consistently deliver business results by meeting deadlines and achieving goals
- Communication: effectively conveys information and ideas in concise and meaningful exchanges through written and verbal communication
- Teamwork/Collaboration: effectively develops relationships and encourages idea-sharing that facilitates the accomplishment of goals
- Initiative: proactively seeks opportunities to work outside of job scope to assist department or cross-functional team and demonstrates the ability to go beyond what is required to achieve goals
- Personal Adaptability: demonstrates the ability to embrace change and effectively adjusts to new or altered processes within the business environment
- Minimum 5-10 years of sales experience in the Midland and/or Hobbs markets. Preferred experience within the industry.
- Must be able to read and understand financial statements, prepare budgets, and understand the sales and marketing process.
- Skill and knowledge to identify and prioritize sales opportunities, and aggressively pursue such opportunities.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Superior knowledge of the janitorial, sanitation, food service packaging, general supplies, and car wash supplies business for target markets
- The financial knowledge to understand corporate profitability and the ability to maximize company sales through utilization of the GVH program offerings
- Superior follow-up with customers or potential customers.
- Experience in office, employee, and training management. Must be versed in budgeting, office organization, policy enforcement, delegation, and accountability.
- College Degree from a 4 Year University, preferably with a specialization in Business or Communications preferred.
- Skill and knowledge to identify and prioritize sales opportunities, and aggressively pursue such opportunities
- Superior knowledge of the janitorial, sanitation, food service packaging, general supplies, and car wash supplies business for target markets.
- Financial knowledge to understand corporate profitability and the ability to maximize company sales through utilization of the GVH program offerings
- Must be able to learn and use software and equipment, perform all job functions safely, and work scheduled times and possible overtime.
- This job requires the worker to sit, stand, walk, push/pull, stoop/squat, kneel/bend, reach/grasp, drive and lift up to 50 lbs. This job requires the employee to be sedentary at their work station during the majority of their work shift. However, on occasion the employee will need to assist with product pulling and delivery.
With our family oriented business practices, GVH Family of Companies offers tremendous growth and opportunities to our team members. We offer an outstanding benefits package:
- 401K matching eligible from day 1
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits eligible after 30 days
- Sick, personal, and vacation PTO eligible after 90 days