Salary: $35,000.00 /year
In the United States today, there is a grocery or convenience store in every neighborhood and GVH Distribution is a key element in what keeps these stores stocked for their customers. GVH Distribution is the fastest growing packaging and supply Company in the United States. We have locations throughout Texas as well as other branches/offices nationwide.
We are looking to hire an Administrative Accounting Assistant!
If you are an independent, self-starting, and proactive problem solver interested in becoming an integral part of a highly motivated team, you belong at GVH Distribution. We are looking for an individual that will take initiative to improve this position and the company.
The compensation for this position starts at $35,000 annually ($16.83/hour). The work schedule for this position is, 8 A.M.-5 P.M,Monday-Friday.
The Administrative Accounting Assistant will be responsible for aiding the Accounting Manager in monitoring the accounting activities for all companies and will be accountable for daily, monthly, and annual accounting duties, functions, and special projects. This individual will be a vital part of the GVH Distribution Accounting Team ensuring all accounting functions are completed correctly and timely, along with any additional responsibilities.
The team member will provide support to the Accounting Team and family of companies, in general, by assisting with and performing the following responsibilities:
- Entering payables, scanning invoices, printing checks, filing, reconciling vendor statements, aiding in completion of weekly & monthly checklists, monitoring the shared A/P email folders, troubleshooting and resolving vendor payment issues, and maximizing vendor discounts
- Accurately & timely applying of customer payments in accounting software, verifying dollars & dates match bank deposits, research and resolve any payment discrepancies, past due invoice, & customer inquiries, research customer orders on credit hold
Additional Accounting responsibilities:
- Completing variance reports, aiding in weekly business reports, assisting in payroll processing, cross training with Controller on assigned tasks, reconciliation of food shows, general ledger accounts, bank statements, researching and resolving any accounting issues that may arise, and aiding in and continually improving controls and efficiencies within the accounting department
- Education and Training: Accounting/Business/Finance Major preferred. 3.0 + GPA is preferred.
- Previous accounting, office, administrative and/or billing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Learn and use software and equipment, proficient in MS Excel, spreadsheet development, detail oriented, follow-up, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills. Also, must perform all job functions safely and work scheduled times.
- This job requires the worker to sit, stand and walk. On occasion, this position will require light lifting for filing duties. This job requires the employee to be sedentary at their work station during the majority of their work shift.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
Keywords: Accounting, Receivables, Payables, General Ledger, Reports, Excel, Discrepancies, Reconcilation, Deposit, Verify, Invoices, Vendor, Checklist, Bank, Payment, Troubleshoot